Senior Strategic Account Manager
About the job
Over 4,000 teams across over 950 higher education institutions partner with Mongoose to Make Every Message CountTM. Our SaaS platform is an integral part of how these colleges and universities live their missions — but it’s only a part. By choosing Mongoose as their holistic engagement partner, our clients unleash the power of:
- An evolving engagement platform with digital communication solutions for every stage of the student lifecycle, from guiding students through the admissions process to transforming alumni into donors.
- A team of former higher ed professionals who live and breathe “Client Love,” an empathy-centered approach to collaboration and customer service.
- And industry-wide insights that only a team with our long-standing, expansive footprint and technical acumen is in the position to uncover and make actionable.
Reporting to the VP of Account Management, the Senior Strategic Account Manager (SSAM) serves an important role on the Company’s Revenue Team. Specifically, this individual:
- Serves as the sales subject matter expert for the Pod
- Works closely with the Account Manager (AM) to secure renewals and to help the company meet or exceed revenue target
- Primary focus is expansion opportunities within current accounts
This is the opportunity for a collaborative self-starter with strong relationship-making and selling skills. Senior Strategic Account Managers should expertly manage relationships with key decision makers at the c-suite level and use the clients success to expand usage to other departments across campus. As the sales expert, SSAM’s should thoughtfully navigate robust procurement processes and support AM’s throughout the renewal process especially as objections and risks are identified.
What you’ll do in this role
- Leads all Expansion efforts in accounts by securing client referrals and prospecting into other campus departments.
- Responsible for account planning and internal QBRs for expansions
- Identification of Key Accounts and provides additional oversight and support within Pod
- Partners with and supports AM (Account Manager) with renewals and collaborates on strategy when risk or upsell is identified
- Assists with renewal contract negotiations/legal/purchasing when needed
- Coordinates with AM and CSM to ensure customer value is being achieved
- Meets all required activity, meeting goals and pipeline targets.
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue goals.
- Bachelors degree.
- Five or more years of account management or sales experience demonstrating consistency in exceeding revenue goals
- Passionate expert in managing the sales process from discovery to close
- Enjoys prospecting and generating new opportunities
- Higher Education and or EdTech experience and knowledge are required.
- Not afraid of new technology and is comfortable working with Google Suite, Zoom, Video applications, etc.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and within a group, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with new/changing processes.
- Can demonstrate a track record of success in previous roles.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and enjoys serving clients
- Has high standards for him/herself and is comfortable taking action to get something done.
- Desire to learn and grow even through failure.
- Willingness to collaborate with the team and be selfless when it comes to the greater good.
- Personable, excellent communicator, and comfortable with speaking/representing Mongoose at industry conferences and in online presentations and webinars.
- Ability to travel on-site for client meetings or conferences as needed
Mongoose is on a mission to make every message count. We believe that having the right communications between the right people at the right time helps students, employees and alumni reach their goals and aspirations. Colleges and universities enjoy a 98% retention rate for students who opt into texting with Mongoose Cadence, the industry’s first and only solution built by Higher Ed professionals for Higher Ed leaders. From text-to-chat, Cadence engagement solutions enable more than 950 colleges to advance and inspire students’ success by increasing enrollment, engagement, retention, and alumni gifts.
We offer a flexible work environment that allows for both hybrid and fully remote opportunities. Our headquarters is located in Buffalo, NY but we have teammates all across the country!
Mongoose is an equal-opportunity employer that is united by our values and celebrates our unique differences. We’re building a company that’s focused not just on the bottom line, but also on the happiness of our customers and team.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Careers@MongooseResearch.com.
EEO Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.