About the job
Over 4,000 teams across over 950 higher education institutions partner with Mongoose to Make Every Message CountTM. Our SaaS platform is an integral part of how these colleges and universities live their missions — but it’s only a part. By choosing Mongoose as their holistic engagement partner, our clients unleash the power of:
- An evolving engagement platform with digital communication solutions for every stage of the student lifecycle, from guiding students through the admissions process to transforming alumni into donors.
- A team of former higher education professionals who live and breathe an empathy-centered approach to collaboration and customer service.
- And industry-wide insights that only a team with our long-standing, expansive footprint and technical acumen is in the position to uncover and make actionable.
Reporting to the VP of Revenue, the Sales Manager serves an important role on the Company’s Revenue Team. Specifically, this individual:
- Serves as the day-to-day support and intermediary between the VP of Revenue and the Account Executives, Strategic Account Managers, and SDR.
- Coaches through the sales process and facilitates 1:1’s with the team
- Focuses on accelerating revenue growth and refining sales strategies
- Works strategically with each Strategic Account Manager and Account Executive to help the company meet or exceed revenue targets.
This is the opportunity for a collaborative and proactive individual with exceptional communication, team leadership skills, and a true passion for sales coaching. As a sales leader, you will provide frequent coaching sessions and one-on-one guidance to the sales team throughout the sales cycle. You will collaborate with each team member to ensure the company consistently meets or surpasses revenue targets.
What you’ll do in this role
Achieving Sales Targets:
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve company sales goals and quotas.
- Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
Team Leadership and Coaching:
- Recruit, train, and manage a high-performing sales team.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the sales team to achieve individual and team targets.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to drive business growth.
- Identify new market opportunities and stay updated on industry trends.
Sales Forecasting and Reporting:
- Prepare and present regular sales reports, forecasts, and updates to the VP or Revenue
- Analyze market trends and competitor activities to adjust sales strategies accordingly.
- Stay informed about the features and benefits of the company’s products or services.
- Provide training to the sales team to ensure they are knowledgeable about the products.
Sales Process Improvement:
- Continuously assess and improve sales processes for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement best practices in sales methodologies and techniques.
Collaboration with Other Departments:
- Collaborate with marketing, product development, and other teams to align strategies and achieve overall business objectives.
- Communicate effectively with other departments to ensure a seamless customer experience.
Negotiation and Closing:
- Lead negotiations with clients and ensure successful deal closures.
- Provide guidance and support to the sales team in complex negotiations.
- Identify and address potential risks in the sales process.
- Implement measures to mitigate risks
- Bachelors degree required
- Five or more years of account management or sales experience demonstrating consistency in meeting or exceeding revenue goals
- Two or more years of sales management and coaching experience focused on net new sales and expansion opportunities in EdTech
- On campus Higher Education experience is a plus
- EdTech sales experience is required, Higher Education focus is preferred
- Comfortable and familiar with multiple sales methodologies
- Not afraid of new technology and is comfortable working with Google Suite, Zoom, Video applications etc.
- Ability to multitask, work independently and within a group, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with new/changing processes.
- Can demonstrate a track record of success in previous roles.
- Personable, excellent communicator, and comfortable with speaking/representing Mongoose at industry conferences and in online presentations and webinars.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and enjoys serving clients and team members.
- Has high standards for him/herself and is comfortable taking action to get something done.
- Desire to learn and grow even through failure.
- Willingness to collaborate with the team and be selfless when it comes to the greater good.
Mongoose is on a mission to make every message count. We believe that having the right communications between the right people at the right time helps students, employees and alumni reach their goals and aspirations. Colleges and universities enjoy a 98% retention rate for students who opt into texting with Mongoose Cadence, the industry’s first and only solution built by Higher Ed professionals for Higher Ed leaders. From text-to-chat, Cadence engagement solutions enable more than 950 colleges to advance and inspire students’ success by increasing enrollment, engagement, retention, and alumni gifts.
We offer a flexible work environment that allows for both hybrid and fully remote opportunities. Our headquarters is located in Buffalo, NY but we have teammates all across the country!
Mongoose is an equal-opportunity employer that is united by our values and celebrates our unique differences. We’re building a company that’s focused not just on the bottom line, but also on the happiness of our customers and team.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Nikki@MongooseResearch.com.
EEO Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.