Director of Strategic Accounts
About the job
At Mongoose, we empower over 4,000 teams across over 950+ higher education institutions to Make Every Message CountTM. Our SaaS platform is integral to how these colleges and universities live their missions — but it’s only a part. By choosing Mongoose as their holistic engagement partner, our clients unleash the power of:
- An evolving engagement platform integrating Generative AI, data insights, and digital communication solutions spanning the entire student lifecycle, from guiding students through the admissions process to transforming alumni into donors.
- A team of former higher ed professionals who prioritize an empathy-centered approach to collaboration and customer service.
- Industry-wide insights derived from our extensive footprint and technical expertise, uncovering actionable opportunities.
Reporting directly to the VP of Growth and Innovation, the Director of Strategic Accounts plays a pivotal role in the Company’s Revenue Team. This role is best suited to an entrepreneurial professional experienced in relationship-building and sales, passionate about contributing to our Innovation Partnerships and Strategic Account Management initiatives. This role involves adeptly managing relationships with key decision-makers, including those at the C-suite level, and navigating complex buying processes encompassing legal review, budgetary considerations, and procurement. Client relationship management encompasses Account Management, Quarterly Business Reviews, risk assessment, and compliance management.
What you’ll do in this role
- Act as the primary contact and subject matter expert for our top revenue accounts, leading renewal, upselling, and expansion efforts.
- Strategically position Mongoose’s data insights and AI solutions for selected Innovation Partners.
- Conduct effective presentations and demos of Mongoose’s solution Cadence (Text and Chat).
- Manage and execute client presentations, demos, and usage evaluations.
- Adopt a consultative sales approach, focusing on clients’ business needs to provide tailored solutions.
- Account planning, conducting internal QBRs for renewals and expansions, and providing accurate forecasting/pipeline information.
- Assist in renewal contract negotiations, legal aspects, and purchasing when required.
- Collaborate within a pod team structure and across departments, working closely with Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Support to ensure an exceptional client and prospect experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of SaaS account management/sales experience required, AI, Data, and Analytics sales experience preferred.
- Higher Education experience and knowledge is a must.
- Proven success in complex sales processes, meeting/exceeding targets.
- Ability to effectively communicate value propositions and technical concepts to a range of stakeholders.
- Experience in opportunity management, leveraging partner networks, negotiating terms, and collaborating internally.
- Proficiency in office technology (Google Suite, Zoom, analytics applications, etc.).
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable representing Mongoose at industry events, conferences, online presentations, and webinars.
- Willingness to travel for company and client meetings as needed.
Mongoose is on a mission to make every message count. We believe that having the right communications between the right people at the right time helps students, employees and alumni reach their goals and aspirations. Colleges and universities enjoy a 98% retention rate for students who opt into texting with Mongoose Cadence, the industry’s first and only solution built by Higher Ed professionals for Higher Ed leaders. From text-to-chat, Cadence engagement solutions enable more than 950 colleges to advance and inspire students’ success by increasing enrollment, engagement, retention, and alumni gifts.
We offer a flexible work environment that allows for both hybrid and fully remote opportunities. Our headquarters is located in Buffalo, NY but we have teammates all across the country!
Mongoose is an equal-opportunity employer that is united by our values and celebrates our unique differences. We’re building a company that’s focused not just on the bottom line, but also on the happiness of our customers and team.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Nikki@MongooseResearch.com.
EEO Employer – Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.